Benefits of HBO Therapy
HBO Therapy can be the primary treatment or it can be used in combination with other treatments for patients with the following indications:
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremity
- (Type I or II diabetic, Wagner grade III wound or higher, following 30 days of standard wound therapy)
- Chronic Refractory Osteomyelitis
- Soft Tissue Radionecrosis
- Compromised Skin Grafts and Flaps
- Outpatient Management of Acute Peripheral Arterial Insufficiency
- Acute Traumatic Peripheral Ischemia
- Progressive Necrotizing Infections
- Outpatient Management of Crush Injuries and Suturing of Severed Limbs (Acute)
How does it work?
- Uses pure oxygen to enhance the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Encompasses 100% oxygen under 2-3 times greater pressure than atmospheric pressure.
- This increased pressure (up to three atmospheres) causes a 10-15 fold increase in plasma oxygen concentration witch a results in an increase in tissue oxygenation.
- Cannot be duplicated with topical O2 treatment.
- Is extremely safe and effective when administered by qualified professionals.
HBO is gaining more support.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”) has continued to view hyperbaric medicine as cost-effective in limb salvage and has recently increased the covered indications for HBO.
Call (209) 572-2700 for more information regarding insurance eligibility.