3D & 4D Ultrasound
Ultrasound exams use high-frequency sound waves to produce images of soft tissue and organs within the body. They are used to check on the development of pregnancies and in diagnoses and treatment of certain ailments.
Why Choose Us
- Plush Ultrasound Suites with large mounted flat screen TVs for the family to view for OB ultrasounds.
- Printouts of baby for OB ultrasounds
- Convenient, prompt appointments from same-day to 3 days
- Saturday appointments may be available
- Fastest reporting to your referring physician
- Accredited and sub-specialized Radiologists on site
- Highly-trained technologists
- Comfortable, private, and professional exam environment
What to Expect
Ultrasound exams use high-frequency sound waves to produce images of soft tissue and organs within the body. The ultrasound technologist uses a wand called a transducer to transmit the ultrasonic waves by moving the transducer over the skin. The image then shows on the screen, being displayed in real time. Ultrasounds are used to check on the development of pregnancies and in diagnoses and treatment of certain ailments.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to fill out the required paperwork.
- One of our Technologists will show you to our dressing room and give you time to change into a gown, if needed.
- Lockers are provided in the dressing room to secure your personal items.
- A lubricating gel will be placed on the skin in the area to be scanned. The gel increases the clarity of the images.
- If your ultrasound requires your bladder to be full, (see Pre-Exam Preparations) you may feel some discomfort.
- Once your exam is completed, you can resume normal activity.
What is Ultrasound used for?
Even though Ultrasounds are most commonly associated with pregnancy, they can be used for viewing a variety of internal body structures, such as:
- Obstetrics (Pregnancy)
- Abdominal Organs
- Arteries and veins