Thank you for choosing to have your surgery at Stanislaus Surgical Hospital!
We look forward to focusing all of our efforts on you, your recovery, and your needs to allow you the patient-centered surgical experience you deserve.
The results of our dedicated surgical model are nothing short of astounding – we have a patient satisfaction rate of over 98%, an infection rate of less than 1%.
Below you’ll find helpful information that will assist you in having a great experience with us.
Pre Admissions info:
Before having your scheduled surgery at our facility, it is necessary to make an appointment with our Pre Admissions scheduler 5-7 days prior to the surgery date. All of the testing ordered by your Surgeon or Primary Care Physician can be done at our facility, for your convenience.
- Labs for your surgery are valid for 30 days before surgery date
- EKGs are valid for 6 months
- Chest X-rays are valid for 30 days
- **Please Note: If taking any anti-inflammatories (aspirin, ibuprofen, aleve…) vitamins C, E, fish oils, any herbals, or any weight loss medications (i.e. phentermine) – stop taking them 7 days before surgery unless otherwise instructed.
At your Pre Admission appointment, you will meet with a registered nurse who will complete the following:
- Review your health history
- Complete & review your Health Questionnaire. You may download and bring with you if desired: Health Questionnaire – English or Health Questionnaire – Español
- Please bring all of your medications in their original bottles, including prescription, over the counter medications, vitamins, herbs and any supplements. Also, include a list of any allergies and their reaction(s)
- Be prepared to know your Primary MD and any specialty MD names such as cardiology, along with their contact information.
- Please bring a list of any previous surgery dates and the types of surgeries you’ve had
- A name and phone number of an emergency contact person
- A copy of your Advanced Directive
- Complete all testing ordered (Labs, EKG, Chest X-ray)
- Meet with an anesthesiologist, if necessary, to review any questions or concerns
- Review surgery instructions
What to expect on the Day of Surgery
- Arrive 2 hours prior to surgery time if you will be spending the night after surgery or you have not yet pre-registered.
- Arrive 1 ½-2 hours prior to surgery time, as instructed, if you are having an outpatient surgery and have already pre-registered and had all testing completed
- No eating or drinking, including water, after midnight the night before unless otherwise instructed by the Pre Admissions Nurse
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- No jewelry or valuables, including wedding rings, should be worn unless if you have a guest that will be holding onto them
- Take only the medications instructed by the Pre Admissions Nurse
- Visitors are allowed to visit at the bedside once the PreOp Nurse has completed assessment (no children please)
- Your Anesthesiologist and Surgeon will visit you at the bedside prior to surgery to answer any questions or concerns and review your plan of care
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must remain on the premises throughout the hospital stay
- If English is not your first language, please bring a friend or family member to assist the staff with translation.
- If you have a CPAP machine for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, please bring it with you to the hospital, even if you have not been using it.
- You will have consents to sign in the Pre-Op department. We have provided the Anesthesia Consent Form to review if desired.
- Stanislaus Surgical Hospital has gone cashless effective 1/1/2021. Acceptable forms of payment include: Check, Money Order, Debit, or Credit Card (including Care Credit).