A facility fee has been set for each type of surgery or procedure. The charges for your specific surgery or procedures should not increase unless your doctor orders additional services. The facility fee generally includes the following:
– Use of the Pre-Operative Unit, Operating Suites and Recovery Room.
– Routine medications necessary while you are at Stanislaus Surgical Hospital.
– Nursing care provided at Stanislaus Surgical Hospital before, during and after your surgery.
– A typed report concerning your operation sent to your physician or dentist for your medical record.
– The facility fee does not include the cost of implants, extraordinary supplies, extraordinary services, lab services, and professional fees for your surgeon, dentist, anesthesiologist, pathologist or radiologist. If you need to be admitted for inpatient accommodations, there will be an inpatient room charge added to your bill.
Stanislaus Surgical Hospital maintains contracts with most major health insurance providers. As a courtesy, the Business Office will prepare your insurance claim and bill your insurance provider. This is generally completed within three days of your discharge from the facility. Please bring any necessary insurance cards, forms and information with you on the day of your surgery. This will assist us in processing and billing your claim promptly. On the date of your surgery, you will be asked to sign a financial agreement indicating that you are responsible for the bill.
Any part of the fee that has been verified as not being covered by your insurance is due prior to your admission. If there are unusual delays, or if there is a balance due after insurance processing, you will be asked for further payment. The balance is due immediately upon receipt. If you do not have insurance or you are having a procedure performed that is not covered by your insurance, payment in full is required prior to admission.
If you have any questions regarding the financial policies of Stanislaus Surgical Hospital, please contact one of our financial representatives in our Business Office at (209) 572-2700.