What to expect the Day of Surgery…
- Arrive 2 hours prior to surgery time if you will be spending the night after surgery or you have not yet pre-registered.
- Arrive 1 ½-2 hours prior to surgery time, as instructed, if you are having an outpatient surgery and have already pre-registered and had all testing completed
- No eating or drinking, including water, after midnight the night before unless otherwise instructed by the Pre Admissions Nurse
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- No jewelry and valuables, including wedding rings and wallets
- Take only the medications instructed by the Pre Admissions Nurse
- Visitors are allowed to visit at the bedside once the PreOp Nurse has completed assessment (no children please)
- Your Anesthesiologist and Surgeon will visit you at the bedside prior to surgery to answer any questions or concerns and review your plan of care
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must remain on the premises throughout the hospital stay
- If English is not your first language, please bring a friend or family member to assist the staff with translation.
- If you have a CPAP machine for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, please bring it with you to the hospital, even if you have not been using it.
- You will have consents to sign in the PreOp department. We have provided the Anesthesia consent on the website to review if so desired.